Nonabsorbable surgical suture Braided multifilament
- Type: Braided multifilament
- Composition: Braided fibres from the cocoon of the silkworm
- Coating: Waxes Silicone
- Tissue reaction: Moderate
- Absortion: Silk suture elicits an initial inflammatory reaction in tissues, which is followed by gradual encapsulation of the suture by fibrous connective tissues.
- Suture colour: Black
- Range: USP 7/0 ? 3&4
- Indictations: Silk sutures are intended for use in general soft tissue closing and/or ligation; especially in general surgery, skin closure, ophthalmic surgery, oral surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, gynaecology, obstetrics.