Synthetic absorbable surgical suture Polyglycolic Acid Braided. Reverse cutting needle - 3/8 circle
- Type: Braided and coated multifilament
- Composition: Polyglycolic acid
- Coating: Polycaprolactone and calcium stearate (1%)
- Tissue reaction: Minimal
- Absortion: The hydrolytic action by which the material is broken down results in total absorption in approximately 60 to 90 days. Approximately 50% of tensile strength remain after 21 days.
- Tensile strength: Post implantation 14 days 21 days 28 days Approximate % original strength remaining 75% 50% 20%
- Suture colour: Violet, beige ? undyed
- Range: USP 10/0 - 2
- Indictations: Luxcryl PGA sutures are intended for use in general soft tissue closing and/or ligation; especially in general surgery, skin closure, gastrointestinal surgery, gynaecology, obstetrics, plastic surgery, urology, ophthalmic surgery, orthopaedics.